A diagnosis mandate is a short term missions of investigation (usually one to five days) to:
- Examine the circumstances of your operational issue
- Determine its root causes.
- Propose correction/enhancement actions to address its causes (or to mitigate the risk).
Depending on the circumstances (routine or exceptional), it can be done at a fixed price or by the time spent.
- Assess the operational risks on a key process (client on-boarding, AML screening of customer transactions).
- Find and address the “bug” that prevents a Compliance project to meet its objectives.
- Assist the IT department to determine the human/technical causes of a security breach.
- Determine why users are unhappy with a new procedure or application.
- Find a solution to recurrent errors or exceptions in Operations processes.
The purpose of a diagnosis mandate is to uncover facts or risks that were not known.
Our investigations are therfore not limited to interviews.
They involve a hands-on approach, usually with a on-site visit.
The recommend actions aim to bring measurable results.